TrendSpider has several built-in annotations, such as segments and rays, that have their own customizable properties, such as color (Color Preference Selector) or line thickness.
Custom annotations enable you to save custom properties for built-in annotations as their own toolbar item (and auto-assigned hotkey). That way, you can quickly access them to mark up a chart without having to reset the properties each time.
You can create as many custom annotations as you’d like, as well as edit or delete them at any time.
Example of custom annotations in the toolbar.
How to Create a Custom Annotation
You can create custom annotations in a few easy steps:
- Draw any annotation on your chart.
- Right click on the annotation and select Properties.
- Customize the annotation and then click on the Custom Annotations button in the bottom-left corner.
- Create a name for the new annotation and optionally change relevant properties (e.g., color, line thickness, etc.).
- Save your new custom annotation.
The new annotation will appear on the toolbar with an auto-generated hotkey combination. If you want to use the new annotation, you can simply select it and draw on the chart as you would with any other built-in annotation.
Editing or Removing Custom Annotations
Right-click on the corresponding button in your sidebar, then choose the action you need.
Hotkeys are assigned automatically and you can't customize them.