TrendSpider allows you to save strategies and recall them in the future.
The Strategy List
Along the left edge of the Strategy Tester you will find a panel for your saved strategies. Each saved strategy will be displayed, along with some pre-made strategies shared by TrendSpider for everyone.
What is a Saved Strategy?
A saved strategy is a complete set of buy and sell rules that is saved together in one place for easy recall. Saved strategies will include:
- All technical (script) entry and exit conditions
- The timeframe of the strategy
- The depth of the strategy
- The "Trade By" selection of the strategy (by default, set to Next Open)
- The directional bias of the strategy (e.g. Long or Short)
- Any non-technical exit criteria, such as stop losses, time based exits, etc.
Saving a Strategy
- First, give the strategy a name in the name box on the top left corner of the Strategy Tester.
- Second, to save a strategy just click the Save button on the top right corner of the Strategy Tester.
Cloning a Strategy
Cloning a strategy creates a new strategy from the onw which is currently open in your Strategy Editor. If the original strategy had any unsaved changes, then the cloned version will have them too.
- You can clone a strategy by clicking the 3 dots next to the Save Button and selecting the Clone option.
- From there, just give it a new name and press Save to save a Copy.
Using Hashtags for Organization
If you add a hashtag to the strategy name (like
My awesome strategy #sma #rsi), then the tag name will become clickable in the list of your strategies. This will allow you to group and organize your pre-made strategies.