First-time TrendSpider users will see a tutorial designed to help you get started customizing the platform, analyzing a sample security, and creating your first alert.
You can access the tutorial at any time by clicking on you name in the upper right corner and selecting Take Feature Tour. If you need additional guidance, you may contact us anytime using the Contact Us button in the lower right corner.
Here is a list of most helpful resources.
TrendSpider automatically downloads price data from the 1-, 5-, 10-, 15-, 30- and 60-minute timeframes, as well as daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly data. Using the data, the platform can automate your technical analysis.
- Automated Trendline Detection - with advanced algorithm integrations in TrendSpider, traders can allow the system to automatically draw the trend lines with mathematical precision on the chart and investigate unique insights into the bigger picture of trends.
- Automated Fibonacci Levels - detects fibonacci levels.
- Candle Patterns - detects the candlestick formations on any chart and timeframe, including single candlesticks and multi-candlestick patterns.
- Chart Patterns - detects triangles, wedges, head and shoulders, inverse head and shoulders, channels, double top, double bottom, and broadening formations.
- Heatmaps - use complex mathematical calculations to identify areas that have strong Support & Resistance levels on any chart and on any timeframe which may be overlooked by manual methods of charting.
- Gap Detection - identify gaps that occur when new information is priced into the market.
- Breakout Detection - if you have plotted the automated or manual trendline on the chart, then enabling Breakout Detection on the charts will allow the TrendSpider to mark the trendline breakouts, whether upward or downward for you automatically
In addition to price data TrendSpider also provides access to a variety of other data that can be used to analyze individual assets, sectors, and economic indicators. This data includes:
- Seasonality: This data can be used to identify patterns in asset prices that occur at certain times of the year.
- Short Volume: This data can be used to identify assets that are being heavily shorted.
- Dark Pool Volume: This data can be used to identify assets that are being traded in large blocks off-exchange.
- Dividends: This data can be used to identify assets that pay high dividends, which can be attractive to income investors.
- Earnings: This data can be used to assess the financial performance of individual companies.
- Crypto Fear and Greed: This data can be used to gauge the overall sentiment in the cryptocurrency market.
- FRED data: This data can be used to track a wide range of economic indicators, such as GDP, unemployment, and inflation.
- Mentions on wallstbets Reddit: This data can be used to identify assets that are popular among retail traders.
- Retail Trader Activity: This data can be used to track the trading activity of retail traders.
- Splits: This data can be used to identify assets that are about to split.
- Insider Trades: This data can be used to track the trading activity of insiders, such as company executives and directors.
- Unusual Options: This data can be used to identify unusual options activity, such as large volumes of options being bought or sold.
- Market Breadth: This data can be used to gauge the overall health of the market and to identify sectors that are outperforming or underperforming.
TrendSpider also gives you access to a variety of tools to help you develop strategies, locate opportunities, and time your trades better.
- Strategy Tester - develop, analyze, and refine strategies.
- Market Scanner - scan the market for opportunities.
- Data Flow - see the flow of data in real time.
- Alerts - time your trades better and never miss a trade.