TrendSpider makes it easy to share certain types of your content with other TrendSpider customers. For example, the owner of a trading alert service may share their proprietary watchlist developed on the TrendSpider platform with their subscribers. Here's a list of things you can share on TrendSpider:
- Watch lists
Any time someone subscribes to the content you share, they can see it within the platform just like it was their own, but with 2 important implications:
- They can't edit it. But they can clone it and have their own copy, which they will be able to edit (and even share further, should they want it).
- Any time you save changes to the shared entity, all of susbcribers will receive the updates immediately.
2 ways for sharing content
Similar to Google Docs, there are two ways to share watch lists and scanners:
- Everyone with a link can access. You can generate a special link that anyone can use to subscribe and receive access to your watchlists and/or scanners. If they open the link, they will see a special page that describes what’s behind the link. If they click “Import this List”, they will be redirected to a TrendSpider application and confirmation request.
- Only specific people can access. You can invite specific people via email. If they are TrendSpider customers, they will receive an email invitation and an in-app notification prompting them to access the materials. If they are not a TrendSpider customer, they will receive an email invitation that contains your affiliate link, if applicable.
How to share a watch list or a scanner
You can share a watchlist or scanner in a few easy steps:
- Open the Market Scanner or Watchlist.
- If sharing a scan, click on the three dots next to the Save button and select Share this Scanner. If sharing a watchlist, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner and select Share.
- Select Who can access and review the What they can do settings.
- Click Update to finish the sharing action.
- If you’d like to remove access, click Revoke Public Access in the same dialog.
How to share a strategy
You can share a strategy by clicking on
... button next to the Save button in tyour Strategy tester. All the shared strategies of yours will have a special icon in the list of your strategies, so you can easilty tell which strategies are shared.
How the process of sharing and subscribing looks like
- The user receives an invitation via link or email. If the user clicks on a link, they will see a special preview page, which tells what’s shared and gives a preview of the content.
- If they want to subscribe, they will be redirected to a TrendSpider application with a confirmation request.
- If they agree, they will become a subscriber and see the corresponding item (e.g. a watchlist) appear in their application as it does in the owner’s account. The only difference is that they cannot edit the item as a non-owner.
- If the owner updates the item, all of the subscribers receive the updates in real-time.
- If the owner revokes access or removes the watch list or scanner entirely, then subscribers of that watch list or scanner immediately lose access.
- Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time.
Example of a Subscription Page
- You’re limited to five non-customer emails per share to prevent possible spam abuse. If you need more, please contact us to discuss raising your personal limits.
- Nobody can access items shared via email unless they are invited. If the content owner changes the sharing mode from a public link to specific emails, then everyone that was already subscribed will lose access unless they are invited via email.